Effective Date: November 15, 2017
It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. iGames, Inc. ("iGames") acts as a data processor, collecting and processing the personal information from this Site on behalf of SteelSeries ApS ("SteelSeries"). By registering for and using the Site, you agree your information will be shared with SteelSeries and will be subject to their located at www.SteelSeries.com.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
iGames is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. iGames complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, iGames is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, iGames may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint), you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you: a) Contact information such as name, email address, and b) Unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password. We also collect from you, demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code. We use this information to
- Send you marketing communications on behalf of SteelSeries.
- Administer promotions you entered, and notify you if you won.
- When you register for a promotion, your name, nick-name or handle, and sometimes country of residence will be displayed for other users of the Site to view.
- If you wish to participate in promotions, you will be required to provide certain personal information and may be asked to provide additional, optional, information which may be distributed to sponsors and affiliates. In addition, we will collect the results of the promotion and incorporate them into the Site for viewing by other users.
- When signing in through the Steam OpenID provider, users will be authenticated using their 64-bit SteamID. Information available from this SteamID may also be collected, including, but not limited to, user’s purchased games, game lists, lists, playtime, badges, wishlists, achievements, friends, online status and groups.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by a) following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails, b) entering your email address at http://games.steelseries.com/account/unsubscribe, or c) you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as an email service provider, customer service or event management contractors.
These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Examples are:
- When we send you an email via our service provider, they are provided your email address.
- When you participate in a promotion, your personal information may be provided to an promotion management contractor to contact you about the promotion.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In certain situations, iGames may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If iGames, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website at www.igamesinc.com, of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- When you use co-branded services, you are giving us permission to disclose your personal information with us in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies. We may provide services jointly with other companies on the Site. You can tell when another company is involved in a service provided on the Site, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that service.
iGames’ accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. iGames complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you internet-based ads, you may opt-out by disabling cookies in your browser or if you are in the European Union click here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Social Media Features
You can log into our website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network. Steam OpenID gives you the option to share your Steam profile and other activities data with your SteelSeries profile.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register on the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information Collected for our Clients
iGames collects information under the direction of its clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. iGames works with its clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning, the purpose for which personal information is collected.
We collect information for our clients, if you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
iGames has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the client (the data controller). If the client requests iGames to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
iGames will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed provide services to our client. iGames will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Websites
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information - You have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also may correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should log into the website and go to the Account section of the website or direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to your request within 30 business days.
Notification of Privacy Changes
You can contact us in writing or by email at the address below:
iGames, Inc. 2420 E Old Penitentiary Road, Boise, ID 83712